Friday, April 12, 2013

Handcut Chevron

I saw a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers on how to make your own chevrons. I cut strips of my Kaiser Craft English Rose Paper and showed my friends Shirley and Diane how to make one and we took them home to finish cutting them out and create with.  I used my new A Muse flower die cut, crinkled up the flowers and leaves, stamped  and fussy cut one of  Darcie's heart & home stamps, knotted and stained some tulle from Archiver's with an ink pad to co-ordinate and have a birthday card ready to go for a May co-workers birthday at work.  Oops, better work on my April birthday cards.  This made a nice 5x7 to fit all the group signatures at work and May is the next one.
Challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
Make it Monday: Anything Goes
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card! Saw the chevron on Splitcoast Stampers. It turned
out great and your colors all work together so good. Mom

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! I love the color combo's you used to create this!

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous card! Good job with the hand-cut chevrons, it's the perfect mix of patterns.. so feminine and elegant! Be sure to double check your link to the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog post.. I just want to make sure you'll be properly eligible for our randome prize draw. ;) Thank you for participating in our "April Showers/Spring Flowers" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

Sarah said...

Adore your chevrons! My fav colors! I'm visiting from MIM. Hugs

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Donna, love the matching flower with your Chevron design, beautiful papers too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Patti J said...

Too cute, Donna! Saw the toot, but have not had time to try out the technique yurt. Great card!

Glittered Paws said...

Love It- I'm going to make mine up today - loved how this turned out and they are so much fun to make - I think I may use this technique for my AMuse swap I signed up for. Thanks for a fun day, good friends, good lunch, great stamping. My favorite way to spend a day.

Donna said...

Thank you Lisa, got it fixed!

Diane said...

Beautiful card! I love all the techniques you used, and will have to try some of them myself.